Take your new kitchen design in a casual country direction
Country kitchens are about warmth, comfort, and creating memories. If it wasn't for the modern conveniences, you might think the kitchen in this video was located in an old French farmhouse. The homeowners have used new kitchen cabinets and wide plank wood flooring to create a spectacularly comfortable space.
Time traveling with modern kitchen cabinets
Modern cabinet manufacturers offer many finish options that allow you to transform your kitchen into a beautiful and functional room. These homeowners chose contemporary cabinets with elegant recessed panels, added light glazing and distressing to achieve an aged appearance. Contrasting light and dark kitchen countertops add to this country design. The prep area granite countertop with its ogee edge is new, but creates the impression it could have been found in a roadside antique shop. Subdued ceramic tile in rustic brick shapes tie the kitchen cabinets and countertops together and highlight the oversize porcelain farmhouse sink.
The room may appear to be built years ago by master craftsmen, but this kitchen design has contemporary features your great-grandparents couldn't imagine. A few kitchen remodeling ideas you might want to consider for your project:
- Pot filler faucet--No more carrying heavy pots of water for pasta--a convenient pot filler faucet allows you to fill the pots at the stovetop
- Prep sink--A separate sink at your food preparation area keeps your main sink clean and cuts down on walking
- Spice cabinet--Keep all of your spices handy and organized with a pull out spice rack
- Hood panels--Dress up your ventilation hood with cabinet panels. The kitchen contractor used trim to create the appearance of a fireplace mantel just as old country kitchens often had
- Beverage cooler--An undercabinet beverage cooler frees up space in your refrigerator and keeps your favorite drinks at just the right temperature
- Gourmet cooktop--Your culinary talents may be inspired when you upgrade to a commercial grade stovetop
- Refrigerator panels--A high-end refrigerator doesn't have to look like it belongs in a restaurant--use cabinet panels to make it a part of your kitchen design
- Garages--Hide your cell phone chargers and all those wires behind a discreet cabinet door. There's nothing really attractive about a microwave; conceal it behind a smooth cabinet door with a clever opening
Hardwood floors are also a popular option for kitchen remodel projects as they can be easier to stand on for long periods than ceramic tile. They look pretty good, too.
Add a pantry to your kitchen design
If you do a lot of entertaining, you might want to ask your contractor about fitting a pantry into your kitchen remodel. A pantry with a dishwasher and sink allows dirty dishes to be stacked out of the way after a big meal. Built-in shelving gives you plenty of room for all those canned goods you don't want taking up space in your kitchen cabinets.
Kitchens are built in all shapes and sizes. If you like some of these kitchen remodeling ideas, ask your contractor how they might be used in your project.
Showing 0 Comments
No comments have been added for this article.